Friday, March 11, 2011

...sorry for the *HUGE* break in posts

We had a family situation right after the holidays.  I'm back after almost a month in the states and life is pretty much back to normal.  The next few posts are probably going to be about stuff we've done the past few months (I promise there will be a post from Christmas in Hafjell!)  So let's get started, shall we?

So this really isn't a Norwegian experience at all, but it went down here in Oslo - and I was SO stoked about it - so it merits a post in my opinion!

Back in October when we first moved here, the hotel we stayed in was right next to the Oslo Spektrum, the main concert venue.  The first week we were here while walking around and getting used to the fact that we now live here, I walked by and was shocked to see they had signs announcing that Taylor Swift was coming in March and the tickets just went on sale!  For those who didn't know, I am a HUGE fan and we've seen all 3 of her shows in Houston (once at the Rodeo and both of her Fearless Tour shows at the Toyota Center).  Thanks to a clever poster, at the last show we went to in Houston I was able to score upgraded tickets (floor seats - 5th row), meet her mom & dad, and get a hug from Taylor!

Fast forward to Oslo.  Contrary to back home, the floor seats were cheaper than the seats further back.  However, there were no actually "seats" on the floor here in Oslo, like there were in Houston.  It's standing room only and the first people in get the best spots along the fence around the stage.  Well I bought two of the cheap floor seats and was determined to get there early when the day came to get a great spot for the show.  After the success that came with my first poster there was no way I was not going to make another one.  So I got hot pink poster board, a giant black sharpie, and colored glitter glue and wrote "Here From Texs!"  Ok, so we live here now, but we're from Texas so it still counts!

Needless to say that drew quite a lot of attention from the Americans working on the tour.  Long story short, after SIX hours of standing outside in the mixture of snow, rail, and sleet, the sign apparently impressed the right people because I got pit passes for both of us and 3 friends we made standing in line!  It was such a blast and also a great opportunity to check out our new point-and-shoot Nikon; got some great pictures and HD video.   Definitely the best concert experience yet.










1 comment:

  1. The pictures are beautiful! I'm glad y'all had such a great time :D

    ReplyDelete